Friday 29 March 2013

Slow on the Uptake

Well hello there!!

It's the easter long weekend now and I've SO been looking forward to it, but I just realised that I have no idea why because I will be doing absolutely nothing.

I've been feeling really slow and lazy these past weeks and thought this would be my 'big break'. I would find an AMAZING book and really lay into it, and my writing would skyrocket because I have no assignments and can stay up all night if necessary. I don't have a 'family weekend' and I'm not going away, so what's to stop me, right? Well i don't know, but it's definitely stopping me...

My dad keeps telling me recently that the problem with 'my generation' is that we have no self discipline, and sadly I think that's true. I mean, right now I could be doing so many things - starting next weeks assignemtn, reading, writing, practicing, helping my little brothers - but what am I doing? Hiding in my room writing this post.

Sometimes, I think that we just need a break. We just need to stop everything and do nothing. You get stuck, we all do, and theres nothing wrong with taking a break. Unless you have pressing issues, then you need to get your ass in gear and do the work. Feeling icky is no excuse to take a month off. Maybe a day, but not a month, and I think that 'my generation' thinks that the world revolves around them, and maybe that is to do with the world we've been brought up in. I really don't know.

So, now that I've rambled enough for one blog post and gone nowhere with it, i'll leave my philosophy to my mind and I'll try write, or read...or maybe just social network!

Jenna, Queen of Reading
Keep on reading, forget the dreaming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment