Friday 17 May 2013

Damselfly (Faeble #2) by S.L.Naeole



Damselfly (Faeble #2) by S.L. Naeole

Blurb:

She used to be known as the Blithe Baby. Now she’s something more, and that’s not a good thing. 

Seeing the world through new eyes, Sophia Blithe has found love, found hope, and found a life that she never new she would have with Declan Sterling, a Sidhe boy with indigo eyes and magic in his touch. But, she should know by now that life never plays out how you want it to. 

When the new world she knows, and the old world she remembers begins to crumble around her, Sophia will lose almost everything that’s ever mattered to her, and will be forced to make a decision that will forever change the course of not just her life, but also the lives of those she loves the most.


My Review:

Okaaayy...Ms. Naeole if this continues then I won't get any sleep...EVER!!


Ok, so yes, I stayed up until 3 am finishing this book last night. And I stayed up until 3 am the previous day to finish Gossamer. BUT, Damselfly had a much more...uh, severe...impact on my. I'd stay away from fragile objects while you read this, and make that do not disturb sign REALLY big! I was crying, yelling, laughing, hugging my kindle to my chest, and getting ready to punch everything near me. Luckily for me it was a soft pillow.

Ms. Naeole can't give her characters, or readers, a break, but I don't really mind. Okay, I kinda do. But if I didn't care about my characters what kind of a reader would that make me?

The thing that I really like about this is that there's no obvious enemy, and that's just like life. In life, nothing is black and white - good and bad - and there's a bit of good and bad in everyone. These characters all have dangerous sides to them, they have good and bad, and there's no specific enemy out to kill someone. It's not like: oh it's the (blah)'s against the (blah)'s and her BF is secretly with the evil (blah)'s and blah. Rather, it's just everything that makes the story, there's something she's fighting against, but it's not a visible source, it has no name and can't be defeated, really. And that's what I really like.

Okay, NOW for what the story is....(DUHN DUHN DUUUHHHHNNNN)

Sophia's life was going great...well, better than it had ever been before. Sure, there were problems, but she had Dex, and Joel had Astor, and Jackson was gone from her life. So what happens when someone tries to kill her and then she has amnesia, so the last thing she remembers is the fair? What happens when she can't remember that she loves Dex, and she still thinks she's with Jackson? But...is that really the biggest issue? What happens when she starts speaking and writing a strange language? Is shereally crazy? Just like her mother....

No comments:

Post a Comment