Wednesday 18 September 2013

The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kristy Moseley

Blurb:


 Amber Walker and her older brother, Jake, have an abusive father. One night her brother's best friend, Liam, sees her crying and climbs through her bedroom window to comfort her. That one action sparks a love/hate relationship that spans over the next eight years.


Liam is now a confident, flirty player who has never had a girlfriend before. Amber is still emotionally scarred from the abuse she suffered at the hands of her father. Together they make an unlikely pair.


Their relationship has always been a rocky one, but what happens when Amber starts to view her brother's best friend a little differently? And how will her brother, who has always been a little overprotective, react when he finds out that the pair are growing closer? Find out in The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window

My Review:

Admittedly, I write this review the second time I read this book but it's still as good as it always was :D

This is the story of Amber Walker - a teenager who has a hard past with the history of an abusive father who tried to rape her before her brother kicked him out. All together she makes the best of her situation. She and her brother and mother are extremely close but their mother is away a lot. And then there's Liam, her brothers annoying man-whore of a best friend who sleeps with her every night since they were eight. This book is about the relationship between Amber and Liam and how Amber overcomes a lot of the issues she has due to her father's nature.

This story is gorgeous - it's one of those stories that has you swooning at every turn and begging for more. Literally. I remember the first time i read it - i got about 50% through the book and I thought the book was going to finish coz it was kind of a closing point. You have no idea how happy i was when i realised there was still more to go :)

This is actually a book that has me thinking about it often and wanting to re-read it. I love books but I find it hard to re-read them because I know what happens, or because things develop and the beginning is just so different from the end. But with this book I find that I make references to it in my mind in my everyday life, and I find myself dying to re-read it just because it's so amazing and inspiring.

The writing is great - it's gripping and yet still easy language so you can read it when you're half asleep. The complex ideas are melded into the story so well that you almost don't realise what you've learned from the book because it was so heavily integrated. You come out of there going 'aww that was a sweet story, i love those characters' and you don't realise what you took from the characters until after the re-read (well, at least I didn't!)

I'd recommend this book to lots of people - not those who are obsessed with fantasy ONLY or don't like romantic stuff, but all the rest - because it's so accessible. It's a really easy book to read and it's not explicit so it still fits into the YA genre (it's getting harder and harder to find these books...) and is amazingly written!

I'd give this book 4 1/2 stars, because although it's cute and I loved it and it's well written, it doesn't grab me. I like it, but I don't feel an attachment to the characters like I normally do...I don't know why I feel this way but, eh, i'll go with the flow :D

Queen of Reading
Keep on reading, forget the dreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment